Verification Engineer (Electronics)
We’re currently looking for Verification Engineer to join our Electronics team!
Our planet’s survival depends on a sustainable energy future. Existing technologies create progress towards this goal, but to accelerate the energy transition we must unlock additional sustainable energy sources. Ampyx Power is developing an Airborne Wind Energy System (AWES) that can access powerful wind at high altitude using tethered unmanned aircraft.
Do you want to use your unique skills to help us in developing pioneering sustainable energy technology? Join us, and be part of our adventure!
Introducing our team and culture
We believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, cultures, and common passion to make a difference is needed to develop our pioneering technology.
Today we have a team of over 50 highly skilled professionals with more than 20 nationalities working from The Hague and Melbourne. We will be opening another office in Ireland in the near future. Most of our employees have a university degree and several employees have PhD background.
We have a socially open atmosphere in our company, placing value on trust. We think in terms of solutions rather than problems. We challenge each other and act decisively in our day-to-day work. Everyone's input is valuable and we work with clear deadlines and objectives. This way of working has helped us to make significant steps in our airborne technology development over the past 10 years.
What are you going to do?
We work in teams to meet our milestones. These are examples of the teams that we have: the Flight Algorithms Team, the Electronics Team, the Aircraft Design Team, the Software Team, the Flight Operations Team, etc. This vacancy is within our Electronics team, a group of 4 experienced Electronics Engineers. You will work closely with the engineers to develop electronics systems for UAV avionics.
From 2020, we will test our experimental aircraft (AP-3) in Ireland. The AP-3 aircraft is a state of the art UAV utilizing fast, reliable, efficient electronic designs part of a redundant architecture. Integration will happen in the Netherlands this year. You will be asked to frequently go to Ireland and work at our test site to support the flight testing of AP-3 as part of the Flight Operations Team.Some of the responsibilities and activities of the position:
- You would be responsible for all L3 (low level) electronics testing.
- You would set up the tests and equipment, do the tests and provide test reports and evidence of operation of the electronics under test.
- You would be supporting the team during integration and system testing all the way up to Product integration
- You provide feedback to the engineers for improvement of the designs.
- You support the rest of the team in maintaining a flight ready aircraft by trouble-shooting the problems, find root causes and providing quick, effective and safe solution.
- You would be supporting the AP-3 test rig equipping by making wiring, connectors and instrumenting the various test setups.
What do we need from you to complement the team?
You have a HBO or Bachelor in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline and you are passionate about hands-on work in a laboratory environment. Ideally you:
We’d like you to have extensive knowledge of:
- Like testing and find root cause of failure of complicated electronics equipment in the lab and in the field.
- Like to learn new skills;
- Are comfortable working with quality-focused development processes, and contribute to their continuous improvement;
- Like practical work and have hands-on experience in assembling and reworking electronics, measuring equipment and wiring;
- Can read schematics and provide review comments;
- Are a team player, proactive and take ownership;
- Adhere to processes and help improving them;
- Report in a precise and concise manner;
- Are good at writing technical documentation.
Not a must-have, but we’d very much welcome the following experiences:
- Analog and digital electronics;
- Electronics test equipment.
- C or C++ programming languages;
- Soldering and PCB reworking;
- Industrial communication protocols like RS422, CAN bus;
- Experience simulating electronics using Spice;
- Knowledge working with CAD software like Altium, Solidworks or Fusion 360;
- Knowledge of Python or similar;
- Harness assembly.
You are willing to travel with minimal notice to other countries, currently Ireland or Spain.
As you will be part of an international team, you are proficient in English (speaking and writing).
What do we have to offer?
We offer you an opportunity to contribute to a sustainable energy future. You will be working on a unique innovation using state-of-the-art technologies in an international team of enthusiastic professionals. Together, we will be launching our Airborne Wind Energy technology on the market in the next few years.
You can look forward to:
- A competitive salary between 2300€ to 4200€, adjustable to your talent, knowledge and experience;
- A personalized work-life balance;
- Flexible working hours;
- 30 leave days every year;
- Excellent opportunities for growth via our personal development plan;
- Excellent opportunities to take initiative and responsibility;
- Working together with a team of professionals of top international status;
- Shares in the company as all employees are shareholder;
- A daily freshly-made free lunch.
Where can you find us?
Ampyx Power is located in The Netherlands in the center of The Hague, a ten-minute walk from the Den Haag Hollands Spoor railway station. Our office in The Hague is also easily accessible for candidates from, for example, Utrecht, Amsterdam, Delft, Zoetermeer, Leiden, Rotterdam, Dordrecht and Haarlem. If you have questions about the company or processes, please send an e-mail to Layla@ampyxpower.com. If you have more specific, technical questions, please contact Orlando Diaz on the following e-mail email@example.com or number: 0031 70 4020168.
As we are looking for an Electronics Verification Engineer with the right skills, we would like to ask you to send us the following documents with your application:
- A CV, written in English;
- A motivation letter, written in English;
We do not accept candidates from external parties/ agencies or freelancers.