We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our team!
Our planet’s survival depends on a sustainable energy future. Existing technologies create progress towards this goal, but to accelerate the energy transition we must unlock additional sustainable energy sources. Ampyx Power is developing an Airborne Wind Energy System (AWES) that can access powerful wind at high altitude using tethered unmanned aircraft.
Do you want to use your unique skills to help us in developing pioneering sustainable energy technology? Join us, and be part of our adventure!
Introducing our team and culture
We believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, cultures, and common passion to make a difference is needed to develop our pioneering technology.
Today we have a team of over 50 highly skilled professionals with more than 20 nationalities working from The Hague and Melbourne. We will be opening another office in Ireland in the near future. Most of our employees have a university degree and several employees have PhD background.
What are you going to do?
We have a socially open atmosphere in our company, placing value on trust. We think in terms of solutions rather than problems. We challenge each other and act decisively in our day-to-day work. Everyone's input is valuable and we work with clear deadlines and objectives. This way of working has helped us to make significant steps in our airborne technology development over the past 10 years.
We work in teams to meet our milestones. These are examples of the teams that we have: the Flight Algorithms Team, the Electronics Team, the Aircraft Design Team, the Software Team, the Flight Operations Team, etc. This vacancy is within our software team, a group of four experienced Software Engineers that you will work closely with.
As a member of the Software team, you will be working on:
- Software development for both the airborne and the ground segments.
- Writing software requirements and specifications.
- Software verification and analysis.
- Writing and updating software documentation.
What do you need to bring to make this a success?
We value passion over university degrees and consider self-education and continuous learning to be key aspects in the field of software engineering, therefore we do not strictly ask for a degree in Computer Science. You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering, the C programming language, and the POSIX development environment. In addition, you:
We’d also like you to have extensive knowledge of:
- Work efficiently in a team and support your colleagues;
- Are able to proactively pick up tasks and take ownership in your work;
- Like to learn new skills when it is required;
- Adhere to processes and contribute to their continuous improvement;
- Report in a precise and concise manner, and are good at writing technical documentation.
- As you will be part of an international team, you are also proficient in English.
- The C programming language, especially in the context of system-level programming;
- User-space POSIX software development;
- Full software life-cycle, from experimental proof-of-concept to long-term maintenance;
- Common software tools such as git, GNU make, shell scripting, etc.
Although not a must-have, we would very much welcome experience in the fields listed below. Please note that this list is only intended to shed light on the broader scope of the work of software team as a whole, it is not expected of applicants to master any of these fields.
What do we have to offer?
- Kernel/driver development, for any operating system or bare-metal framework.
- Software verification, testing, analysis, in simulation or on target.
- The Python programming language.
- C++ and Qt5 for portable graphical user interfaces, for Linux and Windows targets.
- Micro-controllers such as ARM Cortex-M.
- Software certification, especially in the context of Aerospace / Aviation (DO-178C).
- Agile/SCRUM development methodologies.
We offer you an opportunity to contribute to a sustainable energy future. You will be working on a unique innovation using state-of-the-art technologies in an international team of enthusiastic professionals. Together, we will be launching our Airborne Wind Energy technology on the market in the next few years.
As our new Software Engineer you can also look forward to:
- A competitive salary between 3500 and 5000 euro gross per month, adjustable to your talent, knowledge and experience;
- A personalized work-life balance;
- Flexible working hours;
- Partial remote work (over VPN);
- 30 leave days every year;
- Excellent opportunities for growth via our personal development plan;
- Excellent opportunities to take initiative and responsibility;
- Working together with a team of professionals of top international status;
- All of our employees are also shareholder of the company;
- A daily fresh-made and free lunch.
Where can you find us?
Ampyx Power is located in The Netherlands in the center of The Hague, a ten-minute walk from the Den Haag Hollands Spoor railway station. Our office in The Hague is also easily accessible for candidates from, for example, Utrecht, Amsterdam, Delft, Zoetermeer, Leiden, Rotterdam, Dordrecht and Haarlem. If you have general questions about the company or processes, please send an email to Layla@ampyxpower.com. If you have more specific, technical questions, please contact Mathieu Mirmont by email to email@example.com.
Because we are looking for a Software Engineer with the right skills, we would like to receive the following documents with your application:
- First and foremost, an example of C code that you are proud of and shows your programming skills and experience. Please understand that your application will be mainly evaluated based on this code example. If we first need to sign an NDA, please state it in the application form. For contributions to large projects (e.g. open-source) please mention which part is yours.
- A CV, written in English;
- A motivation letter, written in English;
Agency calls are not appreciated.